APPLICATION HAS CLOSED
About ARCHS: Area Resources for Community and Human Services (ARCHS) funds and strategically enhances initiatives that improve the lives of children and families facing disparities and disadvantages in St. Louis’ most impoverished communities. ARCHS works to disrupt cycles of intergenerational poverty by advancing lifelong learning. Learn more at stlarchs.org.
ARCHS' Mission: To improve the lives of Greater St. Louis' residents by convening strategic community partnerships.
- -Offer program services to eligible families at no cost.
- -Operate according to the Licensing Rules for Group Child Care Homes and Child Care Centers from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) Bureau of Child Care for a minimum of 48 children.
- -Offer well rounded programming that includes but is not limited to academic support/enrichment, social and life skills, health and recreation, character development and parent/family involvement. Services must be sensitive to cultural, ethnic, religious and diversity issues, including appropriateness of staff, materials, and approach.
- -Operate Monday through Friday, 3 hours daily, including school holidays and vacation periods, with the exception of legal public holidays provided that the program has access to the facility in which the program is held.
- -Offer daily, nutritious snacks and meals in accordance with the CACFP or school lunch program.
- -Provide documents of ownership, lease or memorandum of agreement for use of facility. Programs in public, private and/or charter schools as well as community based organizations shall be considered.
- -Use of a web-based data collection system for the submission of after school program data including but not limited to student attendance, student characteristics, staff/personnel, etc. (training to be provided by ARCHS).
- -Adhere to all other goals outlined in ARCHS’ performance-based contract.